D. H. Pascoe & Co., Inc.
Here's short description of what you will find at this site.
Educational Online Articles
There are over 150 articles on the subjects of buying, owning and maintaining boats, and are based on my family's 50+ years experience in surveying boats of all types. Our collective surveying experience began in 1947.
We also have many boat reviews. These are "reviews", not surveys, and bear no resemblance to our survey reports. We do not publish the results of the surveys that we perform. Please note that the purpose of these reviews is educational, to help you discern the differences in quality among boats generally. They are not offered as a means to help you evaluate any particular boat builder. We have no other reviews than those posted.
With 40 years experience in marine survey business and insight into boating industry, we are uniquely qualified as a publisher of books on power boats, boat purchase guide as well as boating industry business.
In addition to readers in the United States, boaters and boating industry professionals from over 60 countries have purchased our books, since introduction of the first book "Surveying Fiberglass Power Boats" in 2001.
See Books for more details.
Note: Books are not compilation of articles from this web site.
David Pascoe - Marine Surveyor (Retired)
Online Articles by David Pascoe
Power Boat Books by David Pascoe
Jump to Some Topics
Some of Boat Reviews
- Introduction to Boat Reviews
- Bertram Yachts: Introduction
- Hatteras Yachts: Introduction
- Bertram 30 Moppie
- Bertram 31 SF
- Bertram 42 Convertible
- Blackfin 29 SF
- Blackfin 32 Flybridge
- Boston Whaler Outrage 26
- Cruisers 4280
- Hatteras 36 Convertible
- Hatteras 39 Sport Express
- Hatteras 45 Convertible
- Hatteras 53 Motor Yacht & Convertible
- Intrepid 289
- Legacy 34 Express
- Pursuit 3000 Offshore
- Sea Ray 370 AC
- Sea Ray 39 Express
- Sea Ray 500
- Tiara 2700
- Tiara 3100 Open
- Tiara 3600 Convertible
- Trojan 10-8 Meter
- Trojan 14 Meter Convertible
- Viking 43 Open
- All Reviews
- A Few Favorites
- at Dockside Reports
- Why Internal Hull Areas Should Be Accessible
- Cored Hull
- Are They Fiberglass Boats Anymore?
- Cored Hull Bottoms
- Sea Ray and Balsa Core Bottoms
- Core Materials
- Hi Tech Materials in Boat Building
- Corrosion in Marinas
- Corrosion (with 9 photos)
- Design & Construction Faults
- Top Twenty Design & Construction Faults
- Bubble Boats
- Gas or Diesel?
- Gas -vs- Diesel Part II
- Gas Engines
- Power Options : Gas Versus Diesel
- Insurance Issues
- Latent Defects
- Boat, Yacht Purchase
- To Buy or Not to Buy...A Blistered Boat, That Is
- All About Buying Used and Older Boats
- The Perfect Boat
- Boat Leaks
- Deck Leaks
- Windows, Windows, Those Leaking Windows
- How to Repair Window Leaks
- Boat Sinking
- All about Bilge Pumps
- How to Prevent Your Boat from Sinking
- Boat Safety at Sea
- Navigation Lights
- Small Boat Safety at Sea
- Intermediate size fishermen and cruisers
- Boat Handling
- Docking in Style
- Rough Water Seamanship Part I
- Hurricanes & Tropical Storms
- Getting Caught in Thunder Storms
- Safe Harbor
- Your Legal Obligation during a Storm
- Surveying Storm Damaged Boats
- All Topics
Boat Buyers' Guide Books
30 to 55 feet Cruiser ClassHow to Avoid Buying into Unexpected Problems
"Mid Size Power Boats" focuses exclusively on cruiser class power boats: Expresses, trawlers, motor yachts, multi purpose types, sport fishermen and sedan cruisers.
Choosing Outboard Boats for Offshore Boating
"Buyers' Guide to Outboard Boats" is totally dedicated to blue water type outboard boats; boats that are sea worthy for heading out into open water, offshore.
Marine Survey Business
The Marine Survey Business
"Surveying Fiberglass Power Boats"(2E) provides a foundation of essentials for anyone who wants to begin a marine surveying career, or just hone up on one's skills and knowledge.
Investigations to Court Testimony
Road to a Marine Investigator
"Marine Investigations" is the first and only book of its kind on the subject of investigating pleasure craft casualties and other issues. Surveyors: Expand your marine business! Conducting marine investigations can help free you from the limitations of a seasonal business and expand your business opportunities and income.